Houston Guardianship Lawyers
If you have a loved one who is no longer able to care for themselves or manage their affairs, it may be time to consider a guardianship.
Guardianship is the legal process whereby one person or entity is appointed to manage the affairs of an incapacitated person.
Call for an initial consultation to get started with the guardianship process.
Guardianship as a Remedy
The guardianship proceeding can provide a remedy for most legal disputes involving an incapacitated person. This includes:
- The granting of letters of guardianship;
- Settling of an account of a guardian and all other matters relating to the settlement, partition, or distribution of a ward’s estate;
- All claims by or against a guardianship estate;
- All actions for trial of title to land and for enforcement of liens on the land;
- All actions for trial of the right of property; and
- Other matters that may arise after the guardianship of the estate of a ward is required to be settled.
We help clients with these matters.
The guardianship can also be contested. Guardianship contests usually involve:
- A lawsuit:
- against a former guardian for misconduct;
- against a surety to perform in place of a guardian or former guardian;
- against a former guardian brought by a surety; or
- Claims for the payment of guardian’s fees, attorney’s fees, and expenses and costs associated with a guardianship, among other things, and a matter related to the final settlement and accounting of a ward’s estate.
We also help with these types of guardiasnship disputes.
Talk to a Guardianship Attorney Today
We are experienced probate attorneys in Houston, Texas. We help clients with guardianship matters.