What We Need to Get Started
Probate Administration Cases
Clients often think they have to wait for a death certificate to start the probate process. This is not true. We don’t need a copy of the death certificate to get started.
To get started, we just need a:
- Completed intake form – here is a link to the forms.
- Signed engagement letter – we can email this to you. It can be signed online by computer or on your phone.
- Payment – we can email a payment link with full payment options, including credit card, debit card, paypal, etc.
- If there is a will, a copy of the will (do not un-staple or alter the will in making the copy to send to us).
You can email or fax these items to us, mail them to us, or drop them off.
Once we get these items, we can get started on your case.
Probate Litigation Cases
We ask that you call us to discuss the items we’ll need. It helps if you can forward the will or trust instrument at issue (if any).
To help make the call productive, please be prepared to:
- Describe the family relationships. Who died, did they have a spouse and/or children, etc.
- Describe the dispute. Does it involve the interpretation of a will or trust, undue influence, mental capacity, etc. (You can read the Probate Disputes section of our Texas Probate Guide to understand what the common disputes involve).