The probate process can take quite a while to complete. There are several steps that need to be taken to bring it to a close. This typically includes the following:
- Notice to Creditors
- The Family Allowance
- Paying Creditors
- Paying the Personal Representative
- Medicaid Estate Recovery Program
- Paying State & IRS Taxes (coming soon)
- Records, Annual Accounting & Tax Returns
- Filing the Inventory & Appraisment
- Disclaiming Property
- Making Distributions (coming soon)
- Closing the Probate
Click on one of these topics to read more about the topic.
Hire an Experienced Probate Attorney
Do you need help with a probate matter in Houston-metro area or the surrounding communities? We are experienced probate attorneys who represent clients with sensitive probate matters. If so, please give us a call us at (281) 219-9090 or use the contact form below to see how we can help.