Preliminary Probate Matters
There are several preliminary matters that have to be attended to immediately after someone dies. These are the pressing matters that have to be attended to or considered immediately after death.
These pressing matters often include the following:
- About Probate
- Reporting the Death
- The Decedent’s Body or Remains
- The Texas Death Certificate
- Funeral Costs & Last Expenses in Texas
- The Decedent’s Bills
- Securing the Decedent’s Property
- Temporary Probate Administration in Texas
- Information to Locate After Death
- The Decedent’s Final Paycheck
- Accessing the Decedent’s Safe Deposit Box
- Bank and Mortgage Account Information
- The Decedent’s Rental Dwelling
- Hiring a Probate Attorney
Click on one of these topics to read more about the topic.
Hire an Experienced Probate Attorney
Do you need help with a probate matter in Houston-metro area or the surrounding communities? We are experienced probate attorneys who represent clients with sensitive probate matters. If so, please give us a call us at or use the contact form below to see how we can help.